F Quiet Reflections on a Saturday Morning - A.A. Fouch

Quiet Reflections on a Saturday Morning


My eyes flicker open
Sleepily. 
Warm, golden light
Casts a magical haze
Over my room. 
In this moment, 
There is no time. 
I can picture myself 
Many years in the future, 
In the place where everyone knows my name, 
and I am loved as dearly 
as the moon, 
For there, 
In the future, 
We all reflect the Son. 
I breathe slowly 
and peacefully. 
There is no rush to be anywhere,
or to do anything in particular. 
If I like, I will do something nice,  
Such as have a cup of tea
or bake fresh blueberry scones. 
All the work of the world is done, 
Except for the work which is pleasant to do. 
Surely, there are hard things 
I can set my heart on, 
But only because they are nice in the end. 
I sigh happily. 
On this Saturday morning, 
I have gone to the edge of Universe 
and peered over 
Into the Endless Hall of Delights. 
Image via Pinterest 

CONVERSATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment